Ah Brian, I'm so sorry!
The trip to Europe took a huge blow yesterday when Brian had to go in for emergency surgery to remove his Gall Bladder. Thank God, he's going to be okay. Already on the mend. In fact it seemed like there was still a small chance that he'd be able to go, but at what risk? It's a heart break, but if something went wrong? It's just not worth it. I'm sure he's crushed. I'm crushed, that's for sure.
What an absolute bummer.
On a brighter note, I'm done with the summit (which was great) and things are finally complete and whole.
My calf feels better. Still limping a bit though.
My hangover is even gone. It's going to be an EARLY wakeup call tomorrow, so I'm cutting myself off at two beers tonight.
The hangover told all: self-editing pleasure for long-term (and short-term) benefit needed to be more on the radar screen last night.
But it's there in big blinking letters today and I'm going to heed it all the way around the block. Not too fun, but being smart is better than fun sometimes.
Looking forward to seeing those loving brown eyes tomorrow and spending quality time together for the next ten days, walking hand in hand through the gothic streets of Barcelona, climbing to the monastery at Montserrat, just being with her. Oh yeah, seeing Barry and Liev is going to be great too. Another country on the tick list, where the sun stays up for 18 hours.
Not very literary today. More like housekeeping. Lift the rug and sweep, polish the windows, get everything picked up off the floor and carefully stored away where it won't get crushed. Sometimes you just got to do it.
I'm off to Chautaqua Park for the final BBQ shindig.
Brian, you're in my thoughts.
Tuesday, June 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment