A resting point along the path of a long day.
60 editors in a dark room and the procession of Power Point presentations stretch out as the sun climbs the sky and then descends. Wonderful stuff really, a treat, but overwhelming all the same. So many different levers to pull and curtains to peer behind.
The St Julien is gorgeous. I sit in the green upholstered chair of my room during a break and stare up and out at the Flatirons. Framed as pretty as a picture they are.
Up at the crack of dawn, alarm and cell phone and wake-up call each backing each other up as I squint when the blackout curtains are opened. I need to sweat and start up the path creekside leading to the mountains, only to feel a tear in my calf as muscle finally makes the full extent of its displeasure known. Should have stretched. Ah well, I limp back to the hotel.
Good thing it's all about sitting and listening today.
I’m missing my networking opportunities so that’s all for now.
-- much later --
Back now with ten cocktails down my gullet and the computer keys seem distant and foreign. Okay, I'm wasted. Feeling my age as Blair tries to pull each and every waitress, with some success. An amazing display of Charisma and a parade of prettiness. Oh lord please keep me from ever being single again, because I'm so ill equipped at this stage. It's like rallying with Andre Agassi.
Mojito magic as the clocks strike midnight and I stagger out on my own power. Should have cut and run an hour ago, but it was fun. Lee has a Joker face on and Justin vies with Blair for the best come on. I sit amused and unmolested. Sheesh. It is a game for youth. At least _______ and _______ share my tongue-tied unglibness of the married man. Oi! I need some sleep. Maybe I'll just put my head down here on the keyboard for a while........

0 comments:
Post a Comment