London again.
Long shitty day of travel that started with us schlepping our suitcases up and down the stairs of the Barcelona metro, then an hour bus ride, 45-minute wait in the Ryanair check-in line, two-hour flight, 45 minutes in customs and baggage claim, an hour on the Stansted express to Liverpool Station, another shitty 45 minutes fighting our bags through the tube stations, and then a half-mile walk to our hotel.
Needless to say, I was eggy and super grouchy and ready for a nap.
Two hours of sleep later, we had missed all the museums we wanted to check out, so settled for dinner down in Soho. Christy is extremely quiet today.
Last night was fun with Lori and her 14-year-old daughter. We went to a really nice restaurant called the Five Senses where I had prawns, suckling pig, a lemon dessert that was to kill for, and too, too much wine. Actually felt like I was going to be sick at about 4:00 a.m. Sheesh. Lightweight.
It made the morning that much more trying, but it was worth it. A gourmet delight and you could tell this was where the folks looking for really good food came.
Anyway we are now back at our ghetto (not really, it's okay) hotel in Vauxhall. I'm down in the lobby at a coin operated computer, so no great photos or long-winded descriptions today.
I'm ready for a long snooze, and then it's up at 6:00 a.m., tube ride in to Heathrow, 13-hour flight, traffic home, etc., etc.
Oh well, faithful reader, thanks for coming to Europe with me. The next post will be from behind my desk upstairs at home.
Back to the same ol, same ol gray existence.
It was fun.

0 comments:
Post a Comment