Tuesday, July 25, 2006

My Shuffle Buddy

My sister is coming to California soon, and I'm getting excited.

She makes a yearly trip down to San Diego County from Anchorage -- mostly so her husband Creed can go to Del Mar and celebrate his dad's birthday, but also so she can get some time at the beach.

I really love my sister and miss her a lot. I'm not a very good brother in that I don't call her often enough, but it's always nice to be with her.

Last summer we missed her trip entirely because we were on our own road trip, and it's been since my dad's birthday since I've seen her.

She has an adventurous spirit that's not afraid to try new things. We rode through Denali National Park on bicycles, and Christy and I did a bicycle tour with her through the Alaska panhandle when she was seven months pregnant -- she couldn't even pedal normally her belly was so big. Recently she took all her kids on two marathon RV trips through Alaska. She runs marathons and is beautiful and is an awesome mom to six kids. I really look up to her. She's totally rad.

Here are some photos from our 1989 Denali bike tour:








And a few from our SE Alaska tour from 1991:





0 comments:

Sitemeter

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP