Saturday, July 15, 2006







Syd's Sleepover

Another hot and humid day -- 87 with high humidity and no air conditioning.

So finding the cooler spots in the house this afternoon was important.

Hannah posted up in what's normally the hottest room, our bedroom, to watch a movie. Christy was down in the kitchen, making the cake (so by far she was in the hot spot). Sydney was helping her and I was running errands and then reading in Syd's room upstairs.

Syd's bed is pushed up next to a front window and catches a breeze and has views of Palomar mountain 31 miles away. I was reading how Steve Jobs bought Pixar for 10 million and eventually sold it for 4.9 billion. What a jerk.

Went to the gym this morning and did cardio for an hour like a wimp. Still a big chicken just to jump on the machines. I'll have to schedule more time to get the tour and the walkaround.

Pretty slow day besides that. It was nice to finally be bored around the house. I've been traveling so much I haven't had the oppoortunity to just chill for a while. We're hitting T-street tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to that.

But being bored was nice, err kinda.

It's Sydney's big day today anyway. She had six girls over for a pajama birthday party this evening and a few of them stayed for a sleep over.

I took Hannah to the movies around 6:30 to keep her out of Sydney's hair. We saw Cars (Hannah for the second time; I'm probably the last parent in America who hasn't seen it). We had a great time.

I missed most of Syd's party, but I guess that's okay. Sounds like they didn't want parents smack dab in their midst anyway.

Hannah and I got back at around 9:45 p.m. and she was really tired, so she cried when she thought all the cake was gone, and cried when the girls didn't want to play with her, and then cried when she had to go to bed. It was probably a good call to take her away from here (Since it was my idea, no wonder I think it was a good one).

Hannah gets so wound up around Sydney's friends and then has her feelings so hurt when they don't want to play with her.

Anyway, sounds like Sydney had a great time, which is important.

Now they're all in Sydney's room, and I imagine we'll have to go in and try to settle them down more than once before the night is through.

This is dashed off and rushed, but that's the (hurried) view from my desk.





0 comments:

Sitemeter

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP