Monday, July 31, 2006

Zombie Post

It was a bit like the movie "Dawn Of The Dead" around work today, with everyone burnt out and exhausted from the U.S. Open and Beach Games. I guess total attendance was pegged at around 400,000 people for the five days, so maybe there's a reason everyone was dragging their behinds today -- me included.

My girls were also pooped this morning, needing a crowbar to pry them out of bed. Now everyone is curled up downstairs watching the first Harry Potter movie and I'm feeling droopy myself, so I thought I scratch this out before dinner.

I need to go climbing I think. A nice cool day up at Tahquitz amongst the pines with clean white granite and a good friend. But who? All my climbing partners have moved away. I guess Brian is going to Linville Gorge in the third week of August. I'm curious as to what he thinks of North Carolina rock.

I remember scoping out some of the climbing areas around that region in the early 90s during my Outdoor Retailer days. Can't say I ever had the chance to actually get up anything in North Carolina. In fact, during that trip I was on crutches with a broken ankle after cratering at Santee -- but that's another story.

Anyway, some of the spots in North Carolina looked pretty good. Must be greasy as hell now in the heat and humidity of summer. I hope he's not too disappointed.

So, yeah, a nice trip to Tahquitz or (even better) the Sierra sounds ideal right now. I'm spoiled, I guess: fresh from a trip to Europe and I'm already itching to get out of town again.

Only someplace cool and uncrowded this time.

Okay, I admit, it's pretty blah, blah today. But, hey, I'm feeling like part of the Zombie army, so what do you expect?

My mood, however, hasn't been better in weeks. I was even a pleasant driver in rush hour traffic and yelled a big "Hey Daniel!" to my neighbor across the street when I pulled into the driveway.

Maybe there's hope for me yet.

Here's a picture of the Santee Boulders, where I spent three mornings a week (a least) during the years of 1993 and 1994:

0 comments:

Sitemeter

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP