A Stressful Day
I can't complain, because I had all of last week off, but today was stressful and pretty lousy on the workfront.
As my mom used to say, "That's why they spell it W-O-R-K, not F-U-N."
Still, the September issue is about to hit the streets which means I'll have to field a few unhappy phone calls and some stressed sales people for the rest of the week--probably, but maybe not.
(Hope for the best and plan for the worst.)
It would be awesome to talk to my Mom right now.
She'd be pretty old by this point (71!), but I bet she'd still have me cracking up and feeling better.
Strange that you never completely get over the loss of a parent.
My mom and dad on their wedding day, June 1, 1957.
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment