The Dance Card Is Filling Up
This Friday, Saturday, and Sunday is the ASR show in San Diego, the biggest brodeo shakathon of my year. It's three days of schmoozing and boozing and cruising up and down the packed aisles of the San Diego Convention Center.
I'm a bit stressed by the prospect of it all.
The October issue isn't where it should be, but we're making progress and it will get done (or heads will roll).
Thursday night is the TransWorld SNOWboarding Rider's Poll.
Friday has the trade show from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This is a big day at the show, since everyone will be there and still fresh.
That evening TransWorld Business is cosponsoring a cocktail party with 24 Seven Inc. I get to play host since Haydee is out on maternity leave.
Then a quick ride to the House Of Blues to see Flogging Molly at the TransWorld SKATEboarding party. Looking forward to this one since I get along with Desiree so well, but have never seen her husband play.
Saturday is another full nine-to-five day of trade show schlepping, plus a SIMA Surf Summit planning meeting and meetings with my freelancers.
Then it's time for the Liquid Nation Ball at Fernando Aguerre's house. This is a great time.
I'll be sleeping in my own bed that night, too. No drunken late night stumbles through the hotel for me. At this point my voice will be gone anyway.
Sunday is cleanup day for the companies I missed, then there's the IASC board meeting.
Then I'll collapse.
This will be something like my 15th ASR show, but--try as I might--I can't help but be excited over the whole deal. 
The Volcom booth.
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment