Wednesday, October 04, 2006

A Senior Moment

My Day:

Hannah wakes me up at 4:00 a.m. because of her stuffy nose and I can't get back to sleep, so I'm drinking coffee and watching Girls Gone Wild infomercials on channel 63 at 4:20 in the blessed morning.

I have to take the van in because there's an oil leak and it's going to cost $600 to fix it.

Sydney is so excited about her field trip that she runs through the doors of the museum, trips and breaks her hand and wrecks her chin.

Christy is justifiably freaking out on a variety of topics.

Nicole is getting married and is a bit stressed, has to design the whole magazine in like one marathon sitting.

I write about 3,000 words today, working through lunch, the floater in my left eye driving me nuts as it dances across the computer screen.

But it all gets done, right? Yep, it's 6:30 p.m. and Gretchen, our copy editor, finally finishes the last story.

The finish line is in sight and the crowds are cheering! Everything is done. There's only one thing: I accidentally trash Josh's ASP story, the one he's been working on for the last three days.

How?

Oh, it's a complete senior moment, way too long of a story to repeat here, and ends with the punchline, "You make an ass out of you and me."

The edited story is gone. We have to go back to a version from this morning (thank God that at least that exists).

At this point it's so freaking funny, this sitcom of a day, that all I can do is laugh.

Laugh and bang my head against the cement floor.

0 comments:

Sitemeter

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP