Bah Humbug
I still have a few weeks to turn my act around, but I was a bit of a Grinch for the short while I ventured outside to go shopping today.
I lounge until noon,
but finally get hopping,
and jump in my car,
to try christmas shopping.
The drivers so angry
on their horns they do linger
greeting their neighbors
with raised middle finger
And the aisles so crowded,
they're practically packed,
as I bob and I weave,
young children I smack
Get out of my way
I'm full of good cheer
with credit cards, express lanes,
no payments this year
A smile I've plastered
on my old harried face
as I get in a line
with the whole human race
we've sold off the season
with ribbons and bows
to the strip mall and Target
all attention now goes
but I don't give a damn,
unless you get in my way
I've a list that won't stop
on this big shopping day.
Okay, I'll stop. I'm not half as bitter as that and not cruel enough to inflict any more "poetry" on you all.
But oh my gosh! To think that some people actually enjoy shopping on the day after thanksgiving!
That ain't me babe.
Friday, November 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment