I'm Back
I took a few days off from posting as the mad scramble leading up to Christmas reached its peak.
The flight back from Hawaii was l-o-n-g. Obscenely long. Long with a three-hour layover at LAX thrown in for good measure, and some lost boards icing the cake. So I was a crispy critter by the time I got home that night.
Thursday wasn't much better as the brouhaha surrounding the February issue and skate supplement reached its first (but not last) crescendo.
But then Saturday arrived (finally!) and things got so much better.
I was in awe of JP at the memorial for Cleo. He did her proud and was heartfelt and eloquent as only a son who has lost his mother can be. I wish I had his courage ten years ago to say the same sort of things for my mom.
Hannah didn't do too well and was getting a little freaked out by being at the cemetery, so she and I walked hand in hand back to the Vanagon where we cracked silly jokes and ate breath mints while everyone else said their goodbyes to Cleo.
Later in the afternoon I went shopping and put a deep dent in my list, leaving just a few sundry items remaining for tomorrow.
I'm finally entirely excited and not overwhelmed and the combination is liberating.
Saturday, December 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment