Monday, February 19, 2007

Five Minute Post

After sitting around the house for a lot of the day helping Sydney work on her Susan B. Anthony Report, I was going a bit stir crazy. So, near sunset, we drove down to Tamarack beach to kick around Hannah's new soccer ball. It was a present from her birthday party yesterday.

I admit it, I haven't kicked a soccer ball in a while, but had fun dribbling it out of the reach of the girls and booting it up against the seawall. I started to sweat running through the sand and was huffing and puffing. I'm sure a real soccer player would have laughed, but that's okay.

I knew the sunset was going to be something special, and the afternoon had turned nice after this morning's rain, but when the sun dipped beneath the bank of clouds, it was fifteen minutes of pure gold.

Drats, nothing but my lame camera phone to capture the moment. I'm seriously going to have to upgrade soon to the Canon 30D. It's on the shopping list.

It's time for dinner now, and the table is set, the smell of tacos rising upstairs. Let's eat.








0 comments:

Sitemeter

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP