Thursday, June 14, 2007

Surf's Up Gets A Thumbs Up

I was pretty grumpy by mid-afternoon as I fought an errant Rich Text Editor in hand-to-hand HTML combat -- and lost. Pinned to the floor in fact. So I didn't need much of an excuse to flip a bird to the computer and walk away. "Yeah, sure, I'll go see Surf's Up," I fumed, gripping the steering wheel way too hard, my kids still wondering why daddy was just screaming at his computer.

An hour and a half later I was a changed man. Calm, even. The movie was that much of an escape. Where Shrek 3 huffed and puffed with bloated effort, Surf's Up seemed to glide. I liked the breezy dialogue the pseudo-documentary style provided. The CGI waves were first rate, too, sending shivers twice: when Cody scratches over a set wave and also during the last scene of the movie, a glorious tube POV that's, well, pretty darn close to the real thing.

It was also fun to hear the voices of Sal Masakala, Kelly Slater, and Rob Machado.

0 comments:

Sitemeter

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP