Lubbock: Day Three
Rising at 7:00 a.m. sucks, but at least the airport is quiet when we arrive 45 minutes later. Mark and Jennifer are flying with us as far as El Paso, but then they're taking the slow boat through Phoenix into Orange County.
I doze and look at the scenery once we take off from El Paso. I see Stealth Fighters zooming over nearby Fort Bliss. I see the Sea Of Cortez shining blue in the distance, and how the Colorado River is maimed until it's a huge farmland drainage ditch. The local mountains are cloud shrouded as we bounce our way down toward the city, but soon the sun comes out and I remember why I love San Diego so much.
Liftoff from Lubbock this morning.
Christy, intent on her Vanity Fair
Nearing El Paso, where we'll change plans and watch Stealth fighters.



0 comments:
Post a Comment