Saturday, November 03, 2007

LBHS Class Of 1987

Christy has her twenty-year high school reunion tonight and I get to be the superfluous spouse. Now, part of me thinks I should be an honorary class of '87 graduate. After all, I went to their prom, backwards dance, and "lip synch" air guitar event. I was there for graduation.

But it soon becomes clear that none of that is going to get me much. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun night. I have a good time. But I'm still a bit of an unnecessary appendage. The event is at Mozambique, which (somewhat strangely) is a South African cuisine restaurant in South Laguna, at the old Tortilla Flats location. It's delicious.

So congrats to the class of 1987. All of you, at least those who showed, seemed successful and good looking and suitably spiffed up for the evening. It almost made me forget all the times the mighty SCHS Tritons beat on your ass in football, soccer, surfing, and pretty much every other sport.

Lisa, who Christy has known since 8th grade, stays pretty close to us all night, which is good thing. The night ends at the Sandpiper aka The Dirty Bird.

Mozambique, taken from the hotel where we spent the night.

The beach in front of the hotel.

Alfalfa, I mean Lisa, a few hours before the start of the reunion.

At the reunion.

Not only was the class of 1987 suitably successful, but it looks like they had a sense of humor as well. After all not every class has someone who's on America's Most Wanted, a fact prominently highlighted here near the entrance of the reunion.


Lisa, Christy, and Kirsten.




Time Warp: Off to the LBHS 1987 Prom. Nice 1980s hair there tiger.

0 comments:

Sitemeter

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP