Friday, December 28, 2007


The Grinch Versus The Rockettes

I take too much pleasure in packing away the Christmas decorations today, and it's worrisome. The tree had dried out and was a droopy mess and I was tired of the clutter and random gifts strewn across the floor, but I still felt like the Grinch lamenting about "Noise! Noise! Noise!"

The expiration date on Christmas Cheer had past for me. The forlorn tree is now back by the yard-waste trash cans. The lights are off the house. All the boxes are back up in the attic. The last dry pine needle has been swept up.

But the holiday still had one last gasp. Tonight we drove up to the quite remarkable Orange County Performing Arts Center for the Radio City Christmas Spectacular starring The Rockettes. The tickets were a gift from JP and Suz and it was a different experience.



At first I groaned internally when the "Jolly Old Elf" bounced out on stage with a too-hearty "Merry Christmas Costa Mesa!" But by the end I had warmed up to the holiday cheer and, yes, the Rockettes are impressive in all their gammy glory. Sydney and Hannah pronounced them "super cool."

Score one for the girls from New York.


0 comments:

Sitemeter

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP