Merry Christmas
Imagine a person that you love. Then imagine sending that person to a pretty awful place, knowing he would be ridiculed, spit upon, and mocked. Imagine knowing that this person you loved would be beaten, stabbed with a spear, and then nailed to a tree to die.
In all the swirl that is Christmas it's easy to forget why we celebrate it. But today I finally had the time and the place to reflect on what it all means. "For God did not send his Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him." What a wonderful, absolutely mind-boggling, totally "I'm not worthy" gift that is.
Anyway, it was a nice time of reflection (at the Self Realization gardens above Swamis) and it helped me find some Christmas spirit.
And what a day it is!
Early this morning I saw on the Weather Channel how a good chunk of the country was wailed upon by vicious winter temps and driving winds. I stepped out to buy the last of my stocking stuffers and felt guilty for being indoors at all. The thermometer in my car read 75, and it sure felt like it. (The official high was 73.) When I got back home I spent 30 minutes gardening and then got on my bike and rode down to Swamis.
In a few hours we're heading to Christmas Eve mass and then it will be a long night of wrapping gifts and watching "It's a Wonderful Life."
Merry Christmas and enjoy this little bit of California sunshine:
The view looking south from Terramar in Carlsbad.
T-shirt and shorts weather on Christmas Eve: not too shabby.
The view looking back toward Terramar, on the wonderful, smooth, newly resurfaced stretch of Pacific Coast Highway.
Hibernating lifeguard towers at Ponto.
The view of the Swamis lineup from the Self Realization gardens.






0 comments:
Post a Comment