Saturday, January 26, 2008

Random Brush With Greatness

It's the clear and cold morning before a two-day storm and I'm driving down the coast to the ASR show. Hundreds of runners and cyclists are out on PCH enjoying the last of the good weather. The surf is head-high-plus and groomed by offshore winds. It's a great morning and it's nice to be out--even if it's just for a drive down to another day at a trade show.

There's the long drag up the hill to the top of Torrey Pines and a stoplight at the top. I roll big red to a stop at the red light and look idly to my right. There, not 30 yards away, is Tiger Woods on the driving range. He takes aim and whacks the ball a mile. There's that smile of his. Holy smokes! It's Tiger Woods!

I soon learn that there's a golf tournament happening at Torrey Pines, the Toshiba Open or something like that. But I was clueless until that moment, and randomly seeing Tiger Woods hit a golf ball when you're sitting at a red light was one of the stranger moments from an already strange week.

0 comments:

Sitemeter

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP