Monday, April 21, 2008

Bragging

I feel I need to do a little bragging about my sister Janet, who ran in the Boston Marathon today. The race's web site allows you to track individual runners as they pass through a number of checkpoints along the course. Here is her data:
5k -- 0:26:14
10k -- 0:52:37
15k -- 1:20:04
20k -- 1:47:31
Half -- 1:53:25
25k -- 2:15:30
30k -- 2:47:07
35k -- 3:23:01
40k -- 4:02:00
Finish -- 4:20:11

I talked with her afterwards and she seemed just a little bit mad at herself for not sticking with her training pace (she qualified for the race with a sub four-hour time after all). She said she started out too fast and fell apart near the end, but I couldn't be more stoked for her.

0 comments:

Sitemeter

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP