Friday, July 08, 2011

The Scale Of It All



See the edited videos for each of the six days of RTR 2011 here

One thing that doesn't come through when you edit down a 50-mile ride into a three-minute video is the concept of scale. This is pretty ironic because when you're "out there" it continually smacks you between the eyes -- just how enormous it all is.

Whether it's a ten-mile climb that takes a solid hour of effort to overcome or a vista to the far horizon with your road running through it, Ride The Rockies is simply BIG.

Sometimes that scale is a joy, like when you've crested the top of Berthoud Pass and realize you're on a 20 minute fast descent. This unedited footage from the backside of Berthoud Pass isn't terribly exciting (I keep it at a reasonable speed), but I hope it gives you some sense of the scale of Ride The Rockies.

The snippet from the finish is just for fun -- and it WAS fun having each rider receive such a nice ovation.

I've also included some other raw, unedited descents from Ride The Rockies 2011. For those of you who were in Colorado, I hope they bring back memories from a wonderful ride.







0 comments:

Sitemeter

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP