An utterly typical day, daft in its plainness, bereft of wild surprise that punctuated the week past.
Praise the average day, the typical day, the day with no surprises except one; a climb toward noon and a slide to sunset. The strange comfort of routine beckons me.
No, there was a bit of randomness.
A FedEx box (always a treat) sits on my desk as I come back with a cup of coffee. But the address is all wrong. General Mills? In it is a box of Wheaties with The New York Yankees’ Arod on the box.
Shaun White, okay. But Arod?
Must be some sort of joke? I look at the package, wondering if some past acquaintance had landed a job at the Minneapolis megalith, but the name doesn’t ring a bell. Oh well, it’s a free box of cereal and I’m too busy to work out what it may all mean.
Worked most of the day editing my BBB video report. It’s a shambles: poorly shot and edited, badly exposed and shaky. But it’s complete and a good first step. And walking through the office I hear my voice coming from several offices, and I’m not ashamed to admit that’s kind of fun.
Sydney and Hannah are at Legoland camp all week, and Hannah went on the Dragon Rollercoaster today. She’s rightly proud of herself and told us the story a few times.
She’s still afraid of corn on the cob, though.
Imagine!
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment