Blech!
It's 11:30 p.m. and I've just finished up my Eye On Minneapolis story -- all 4,003 words of it. I'm no longer sure that it's worth a damn, I only know that it is long. Too long, maybe, for anyone to want to read, but at least the photos will be okay.
Woke up with Hannah and Sydney crawling into bed with us then we quickly were off to Pannikan for breakfast. I was psyching up the whole time, knowing that I had to spend the day writing. But I had no idea how right I was.
I started at 9:00 a.m. and thought it would take about nine hours to finish. That estimate was a few hours too short when you factor in all the little breaks, the timeout for dinner, 60 Minutes (scary that I didn't disagree with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad more), and my weekly Entourage fix.
I'm trashed now, but hopped up on a five Diet Coke caffeine buzz. All sweats and jitters. Thanks goodness that's over with.
I should go to the gym tomorrow now that my gimp back is better, but I just don't want to wake up in six hours. At this point I just wanna be sedated.
Time for one last song on the iPod before today turns into tomorrow.
Take me out Joey:
Bonzo goes to bitburg
then goes out for a cup of tea
As I watched it on TV
somehow it really bothered me
Drank in all the bars in town
to understand foreign policy
Pick up the pieces
My brain is hanging upside down
I need something to slow me down
My brain is hanging upside down
I need something to slow me down
If there's one thing that makes me sick
It's when someone tries to hide behind politics
I wish their time could go by fast
Somehow they manage to make it last
My brain is hanging upside down
I need something to slow me down
My brain is hanging upside down
I need something to slow me down.
--Bonzo Goes To Bitburg,
The Ramones
Nite.
Sunday, August 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment