Super quiet day. I went to bed at 9:30 p.m. last night, which means I was up at 4:00 a.m., wide awake and ready to start the day. I made some coffee, then hopped in the car to check out the surf. It was utterly flat and was still cloudy.
So I rolled back into bed and fell asleep again, waking up to beautiful blue sky and nice 78-degree conditions. Lazy bones. Washed the cars and hung out, working a bit, then went to go get my hair cut. Back in time to watch golf as I procrastinated more (going to be a very long day of work tomorrow at this rate).
Now I'm fretting about all sorts of things while the girls are at Target buying back-to-school clothes.
I need to chill out and relax.
Relax
by Robert Service
Do you recall that happy bike
With bundles on our backs?
How near to heaven it was like
To blissfully relax!
In cosy tavern of good cheer
To doff our heavy packs,
And with a mug of foamy beer
Relax.
Learn to relax: to clean the mind
Of fear and doubt and care,
And in vacuity to find
The perfect peace that's there.
With lassitude of heart and hand,
When every sinew slacks,
How good to rest the old bean and
Relax, relax.
Just sink back in an easy chair
For forty winks or so,
And fold your hands as if in prayer,
--That helps a lot, you know.
Forget that you are you awhile,
And pliable as wax,
Just beatifically smile . . .
Relax, relax, relax.
Saturday, August 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment