Friday, August 11, 2006

I Admit It

Shh, I have a secret.

I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I think I like the music of Jack Johnson.

After the Waterman's Ball, and hearing about his environmental activities, and how surfing's troubadour is popular in the Midwest and other places, I decided to give Monsieur Johnson another listen.

And, darn it if I didn't like what I heard.

Now you have to realize that this is from someone who heckled my associate editor John Maynard for always wanting to go to the Martini Ranch in Encinitas to see Jack Johnson and then write a Web story about it.

I think we actually had a Jack Johnson moratorium back in the tale end of 2001.

But look who's laughing now. I downloaded a few albums from iTunes and I really like them. I always liked September Sessions, the movie Johnson shot on 16mm in the Mentawai Islands. It's also a bit ironic that Tristan Prettyman, one of our old interns from TransWorld SURF Business, is listed on the link page of Johnson's Web site. It's really a small world.

So, I admit it and I was wrong, Maynard, Jack Johnson doesn't suck. As usual, I'm just five years late to the party.


So I moaned and whined like an old man today about my stiff back. I screwed it up last night at my sister's house. I never have back problems, so it's a bit out of character. I went in to work for about three hours but it was killing me, so I came home and stretched for about 30 minutes, took a bath and found a way to relax, and then took a nap. It's feeling better now, but my Eye On Minneapolis story (all 4,000 words of it) still isn't written.

>> insert worried look here. <<

Since everything has to be completely done by Monday morning bright and early, I know what I'll be doing this weekend. Good thing I don't have really any plans.

0 comments:

Sitemeter

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP