Thursday, August 10, 2006

A Full House Beats A Queen Of Hearts

So my sister has cleared out of the La Jolla Shores beach house.

Drats.

If I can't live on the sand (especially there), then it was sure nice to have a family member who did -- even if it was only for a few weeks.

There's a pillow in the rental that says, "You never realize how many friends you have until you have a beach house." That was the situation today when Creed's sister and her children, and creed's sister's friend and her children, and Mark and his family, and me and my family, and my dad all descended on an already full house of six kids. I think there was 26 of us there for a short period of time.

Sure, we were all spread out -- in the water or on the beach or watching TV or in the kitchen or sitting on the deck -- but it was still a mad house.

Janet was pretty eggy and stressed out. Can't say I blame her, but it was still a bit of a drag -- especially when I finally had the time to break through the ice with Marian (who is a super cute kid) -- and my sister kind of snapped.

Finally, though, some folks cleared out and the young Mamikunians went to bed and Janet, Mark, and I (with spouses) went to dinner. Italian food. I got a half order of pasta and still was stuffed, but it was delicious and a great way for us all to say goodbye. A fun night.

0 comments:

Sitemeter

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP