Saturday, September 30, 2006

Clean Machine

I was awake at 4:30 a.m. this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. So after two cups of coffee I piled my board into the van and looked for surf. It wasn't very good, but it was glassy and uncrowded.

I dozed for another 30 minutes after I got back and then started cleaning, starting with Hannah's room. I'm embarrassed to admit just how bad it had gotten. One example, there was still fish food on her dresser, even though her Beta died in July.

So it took a while to get things tidy.

The girls left for a birthday party just about when Hannah's room was coming into shape, but I kept at it, cleaning up the girl's bathroom, my desk, filing papers, organizing my poor over-laden bookcase.

It took a while -- and quite a few trips up the ladder to store stuff in the attic (like my 10-year covers) -- but it all looks pretty good now. Even Sydney's room.

Not the most exciting day, a little too quiet for my liking, but productive.




I can close my eyes and walk across Hannah's room now. Excellant!


My now-clean desk (and yes that is the nightglow window right there.




The landing has become a clean, well-lit place.


When was the last time the bookcase only had one layer of books?

0 comments:

Sitemeter

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP