Friday, September 22, 2006


The Dorks Of 1980

Estero Beach, Baja California, was a summertime favorite for my family from 5th grade until I was a freshman in high school. It was where my mom and her sister would get together each summer with their families.

This is where I really first kissed a girl (the one there on the far right. Her name was Lisa. Check out my shorts! Although my cousin Joey looks not much better in those white ones.)

Estero Beach was also where I had an M-80 blowout my left ear--something that I continue to deal with even now. "Eh? What did you say?"

We traded a Joe Walsh tape for Pina Coladas at the local bar, and I surfed my brains out in the beachbreaks in front of the house we rented. We fought bottle rocket wars, my brother pressed ham on Ben Hunter's window (he was a TV personality who showed movies on Sunday on channel 4).

The Mexican woman who sold us the firecrackers would make the sign of the cross with every sale.

We thought that was especially funny, back then.

0 comments:

Sitemeter

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP