The Best Day Of The Year
May gray. June Gloom. I've seen Julys that never cleared up. August and September are nice. No doubt about that. But they can also be hot and crowded.
No, the best month, the secret month, is October.
Today was one of those jewel-like October days that make you appreciate North San Diego County just so much. With a gentle Santa Ana breeze and temps near 80, it was as nice as any summer's day -- only the crowds are missing.
The swell is unbelievable too. Clean and overhead and firing!
Sydney, Hannah, and I drove down to Ponto at around 2:30 and I think we were all blown away by the beauty of it all. But enough blah, blah -- here's what it looked like on this, the nicest day, with the best swell, of the year (so far). 
Ponto was super low tide and the sandbar was making top-to-bottom Duranbah-like barrels.
I'm a dork, but Hannah is becoming quite the photographer.
We walked from Ponto north about a mile and a half, passing Carlsbad State Beach.



There was beauty everywhere if you stopped to look.






My buddies.
Friday, October 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I really enjoyed the pictures on your blog.
Lisa in India
Thanks Lisa
It was easy to get photos that day. Everywhere you looked there was something to shoot.
Where in India are you?
Thanks for the feedback
Sean
Post a Comment