Saturday, October 07, 2006

Harbor Day

Christy and I sleep in the van, which is actually very comfortable and private now that we have the window coverings. But I'm awake before dawn and I stumble to the dunes.

The beach here is absolutely raw, filled with bull kelp and jellyfish and sand dollars and broken bits of shell and wind. It's always windy. Howling onshore at 30 mph in the afternoon and cold and offshore this dawn. There isn't much of a swell.

After breakfast we head over to the Morro Bay Harbor Day for a few hours, making the long walk through the stalls and exhibits. It's pretty fun, but the Woody Show at Wavelengths Surf Shop down the street was more my speed.

After a mid afternoon nap, Sydney and I brave the winds for some Dune exploration. It's a blast and we vow to return tomorrow morning.


Morro Rock At Dawn.


Looking north to the dunes.


Morro Rock is impressive.


Hannah mows breakfast after a night in the fifth wheel.


Hannah, getting silly.


My girls.


Sydney's broken hand. She's been a trooper.


Windblown At the Dunes.

0 comments:

Sitemeter

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP