Someday
I'm tired tonight, so don't expect much.
When I get down or frustrated, I daydream about living on the shores of Lake Como in Northern Italy.
I'm not sure how long I'd stay -- a season, maybe two. It's my version of Under A Tuscan Sun except with the Alps in the background.
I'd have a small house someplace off the tourist trail, close to the water, and with a large patio where I'd watch the sun rise -- maybe while lounging in a white bathrobe like some crazy eccentric. (That image makes me grin.)
I'd write for a few hours each day (perhaps by then I'll have something to say that people will want to read). I'd swim in the lake or take a bike ride into the village and buy groceries. (Gravedona is nice, so maybe someplace near there.)
When it gets too hot, I'd drive up the hill to St. Moritz or to the Lepontine Alps in Switzerland, walk up a green meadow and sleep in a hut above tree line.
The sound of cow bells and peace.
Comrades in Leisure. Bellagio, Italy.

The Sound Of The Lake. Varenna, Italy.
Lost In Blue. Lake Como, Italy.
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment