Wasting Time
Went to the gym after work today. That was sobering. I hadn't been in a couple of weeks, and I could tell. I got through it all, though, and was home by 5:50 p.m.
Christy was rushing past me out the door with hardly a word when I got home and Sydney was up in her room melting down.
What the heck? Baffled, I call Christy on her cell phone as she drives away. There's 3 1/2 hour brownie girl scout training meeting tonight (Christy is a co-leader for Hannah's troop). I swear it's the first I've heard of this meeting. Sydney wanted to go -- and almost had to because I wasn't home -- and is now mad to see me.
So I let Sydney (and myself) calm down as I take a shower.
So the girls are now fed, the kitchen is clean, homework is done, and peace and tranquility have returned to my children as I twit my thumbs.
This has been a very peaceful week at work -- the most peaceful in a long while. I only have a single story in the next issue, and interview with my boss about the sale of Time4. It needs to be a "brave" piece where I can't pull any punches. (I see shades of Steve Zissou, "I thought this was supposed to be a fluff piece!")
It will be an easy story to write and (don't tell a soul) I secretly altered the production schedule so my staff thinks the "100% copy to art" deadline is tomorrow, but it's actually not until next Friday. (Ssshhh!! Don't tell!)
Actually I think the secret is already out, but desired effect has occurred -- we're pretty much back on time after a few months of backsliding.
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment