After
Debbie and Terry spent another day doing work around our house, finishing up projects and cleaning up. I need to buy them a nice dinner or give them a medal or something. They really outdid themselves and saying "thank you" just doesn't seem adequate.
I was back at work today, where things are moving slowly toward getting the December issue out the door. I'm feeling pretty-much back to normal -- about 75 or eighty percent I suppose (which is a big improvement).
It doesn't look like a ton got done when I was gone, but perhaps that's unfair.
Still dealing with lame-o topics that I thought were dead and buried months ago. They consumed too much of my day today and kept me from other things that are far more important to me. I'm ready to take Lee's advice: "The only way to get the attention of a bully is to punch them in the nose, then they'll think you're the coolest guy on the block."
Easy for him to say.
In other unpleasant news, Miyake, Barry's cat of more than fifteen years, is dying. I'm so bummed for Barry. Miyake has been part of the scene for so long he just seemed like a permanent part of the picture. I really feel for Barry. I remember how much I loved my dog Abbie and how scared I got after she ate D-con and I almost lost her.
Anyway Barry and Miyake and Liv are in my thoughts.
I took a couple of photos of the room. They don't really do it justice, but I thought I'd share. Not really good "after" photos, but they will have to do.
The bedroom in blue.
Our birch-covered beam looks purdy.
Slate floor in girl's bathroom. (Theirs is mostly blues and greens, where the master bath is more red and orange).
Goofy self portrait on the way home. I was trying to get the sky behind me but it didn't really work.
Monday, November 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment