Heelside, Toeside, Repeat
Nothing like going just a wee bit too fast and nearly catching a heelside edge to put your mind in the here and now. Keystone is frickin huge. I ride the gondola up and it just keeps going and going. Bluebird skies and perfect temps.
The snow is just about perfect, too, for the groomers and my first snowboard session of the season comes off without a hitch.
Oh, I did one digger and went ass over teacups, ending up sliding down on my back with a grin on my face, but for the rest of the day I was biff free. Mostly stuck to the blues, I admit, but also a few diamonds that weren’t too cut up. Avoided the park as if my life depended on it. (It may have with my skills.)
My style is wanky and my gear is now officially old (circa 2000 – eek gads, the horror I must be to the fashion snow set) but I’m not the slowest person on the mountain today, and that’s enough for me.
My legs are all burn now, from my forefoot to thighs. It’s a good kind of hurt, and a surefire remedy for my sad sack outlook of yesterday. Stuart Smalley in goggles.
Tonight is going to be a blast, so smile you nitwit!
Portrait of the editor as a snowboarder looking an awful lot like ….
Sasquatch!
Hey, it wouldn’t be Nightglow Window without a picture of my feet, right?
The view from the gondola.
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment