REI Thursday Ride
Christy has invited me a few times to join REI's weekly Thursday morning ride, but since it starts at 8:00 a.m. and I drop the girls off at the same time, it's never worked out.
But today it did. I raced home after kicking Syd and Hannah to the curb at Magnolia, jumped on my bike, and speed tucked down Tamarack to PCH. I managed to link up with them (only five others today) near South Carlsbad State Beach.
It was a fun ride, and I was happy to see that I could easily keep the pace and talk up a storm. (I'm sure they were going at an easy pace.) We went as a group down to Pannikin and grabbed a coffee. Afterwards we parted ways -- they went back up the hill towards REI and I went south to the Self Realization Fellowship Gardens in Encinitas then back up the coast to home. I finally have a new computer on my bike, so I know the ride was just a hair under 23 miles today.

Thursday, April 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment