Thursday, May 31, 2007

Calavara Lake Mountain Bike



After sitting at my computer much too much the last four days, I decided to get off my ass and get moving. An early surf found the North O-side jetty head high, uncrowded, and really fun.

But that was a lightning strike -- more like a contest heat than a long, relaxed surf. I was in and out of the water in about 45 minutes with about ten waves tallied.

The rest of the morning and early afternoon was spent with my nose pressed up against the computer screen again. (At least I'm learning a ton.)

When 4:00 p.m. rolled around, Christy came home from work and I ducked out to Calavera Lake for a mountain bike ride.

Although it's less than two miles from my house, I had never been there. What a mistake that's been! The place rocked. Buttery smooth singletrack, steep and rocky singletrack, rolling fireroads, and enough elevation gain to keep me nervous on the rocky descents and gasping on the climbs. I rode about 12 miles and nearly all of them were on singletrack.

I can't believe I've never checked out this place before now.




0 comments:

Sitemeter

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP