More Screwing Around With The IR Filter
The infrared filter for my camera is still a mystery. My neighbor (who I won't mention by name to protect his privacy) is a well-known photographer in the skateboarding world and has done work for some big companies, like the Nike Andre Agassi/Pete Sampras commerical where they were playing tennis through the streets of NYC.
Anyway, he explained to me that the filter wasn't needed, how all effects could be achieved in Photoshop with a little bit of skill. I imagine he has that program pretty dialed.
I did a test this morning, following his advice, and the results are interesting. The filtered and unfiltered shots are different, but all "good" in their own way. Here is what I discovered:

Control Shot: 1/6 sec at f32. No filter.

No Filter: Same image as above but with all saturation taken out in Photoshop and Contrast +50.

IR Filter: 20 sec exposure at f6.

0 comments:
Post a Comment