Sunday, June 10, 2007

A Week In A Day

I'm already snapping and it's only 7:15 a.m. That's not good. I'm in line at the Home Depot trying to navigate my overloaded cart full of 300 pounds of construction sand. It's a beast with a mind of its own. The checkout line is ten deep and I'm not having charitable thoughts about the woman ringing us up. Slo Mo.

Chillax already O'Brien. It's going to be a long day, a mammoth day in fact. Almost like a week in a day.

At 8:30 a.m. the Lowe's truck arrives with our pavers and wall stones. I form a chain gang, with Sydney, Hannah, and Casey ferrying the stones to the back yard in their red wagon.

I bought too much construction adhesive, but exactly the right amount of stone and by noon the wall is done and we're cleaning up. It looks good. The Ficus is no longer root bound and has room to grow. I finally have a place for my fountain -- when I can afford it, that is. The project was more expensive than I dreamed. More work, too. Thank goodness for Terry's help.


Sanded and ready for pavers.


The delivery.


The Final Product.

0 comments:

Sitemeter

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP