I meet Mike at 9:00 a.m. for a dash out to Calavera Hills. It's another good ride, the best yet. I'm getting this area wired, and discovered a long section of tricky singletrack on the southern side of the park. A fun way to burn off last night's pizza.
Two hours later I'm grinding back up the hill toward home, panting like a dog. My bike chain needs oil again and is squeaking as I pedal. I make it home, all sweaty and out of breath, and Terry is already in the yard digging out the last of the slope side earth where my retaining wall/fountain/flower area is going to be. Looking like after three years I'm finally going to finish this project -- thanks to Terry's help. Wondrous. Well, no time like the present. I grab the shovel and start digging, still in my bike shoes.
Christy's aunt and uncle Marcia and Bob come over in the afternoon to celebrate all the birthdays (Christy's, Sydney's, and Marcia's). We finish off the last of the Alaskan King Crab that Janet sent us, then barbecued tequila lime chicken. Fun. It was even fun when Christy and I squared off against Marcia and Bob in a long -- but civil -- discussion on politics, specifically illegal immigration. No, no one was swayed from their viewpoint, but neither did the conversation become irritable. 






Saturday, June 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment