Happy Fourth Of July
I've missed the Fourth of July holiday the last four out of five years. I'm usually at the summer ispo show in Munich or at Bread&Butter in Barcelona. So I was particularly excited to spend the day baking on the beach, under a hot sun, blue sky, and all that jazz.
Well, after many days of beautiful June sun, the marine layer was back on July Fourth and it never truly got sunny down on the water. Couple this with wall-to-wall people from the pier all the way up past State Park and the luster had worn thin.
Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely not complaining. It was fun and the surf was decent size and good quality (I have two big fin ulcers on my toes to prove it) -- it just wasn't quite as good, or quite as fun, or quite as nice, as an average sunny Saturday.
Our tax dollars at work: San Clemente's finest drive the new lifeguard jeep into the inshore trench and get hopelessly stuck, needing a bulldozer to pull them out as waves break into the passenger seat again and again.
Hannah's not worried about the lack of sun as she fights the crowds at T-street.
Sydney Bean, looking very mature and very tan as she waits for the fireworks to begin by Grandpa JP's.
Ooooohhh!!!
Aaaaahhhhhh!
Wednesday, July 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment