Catch Up
So my loyal reader e-mailed me with worries, wondering if I was okay since I hadn't flailed away here recently. Yes, indeed I am fine, just a smidge harried.
So here is a Clif Notes Version of the last few days, just to get back in the groove.
Monday, Aug 20
Take the wheel and head north from Clear Lake under drear, light-glomming skies. Cheerful as a dementor's kiss. Everyone asleep except me as I push the accelerator steadily down. Speeds for achieving earth orbit as I head toward Minneapolis. Lost on the I-35E until untethered memories float in and I realize I've missed my turn. The smell of jet fuel at the airport as we walk down the gangway, fleeing grey and rainy skies.
Tuesday, Aug 21
Back in the saddle and my cranial yoke regains equilibrium under a blue California sun. Lost in the computer maze all day as I write and post, clear out my e-mails. Sweaty and even the breeze from the open window can't cool me down.
Wednesday, Aug 22
Lightning storms at dawn and the rumble of thunder. More work and then a ride in the afternoon to Swamis and my legs are tight rubber bands that take 30 minutes to unwind. The price of Iowa sloth.
Thursday, Aug 23
A fun day on the golf course. See all the photos here. Afterward, it's a late night with my coworkers out on the deck of the St Regis as we discuss life and how to live it with only middling success. Here are a few photos for flavor. Remember it's a themed golf tournament. Oh, you crazy kidders.
So my loyal reader e-mailed me with worries, wondering if I was okay since I hadn't flailed away here recently. Yes, indeed I am fine, just a smidge harried.
So here is a Clif Notes Version of the last few days, just to get back in the groove.
Monday, Aug 20
Take the wheel and head north from Clear Lake under drear, light-glomming skies. Cheerful as a dementor's kiss. Everyone asleep except me as I push the accelerator steadily down. Speeds for achieving earth orbit as I head toward Minneapolis. Lost on the I-35E until untethered memories float in and I realize I've missed my turn. The smell of jet fuel at the airport as we walk down the gangway, fleeing grey and rainy skies.
Tuesday, Aug 21
Back in the saddle and my cranial yoke regains equilibrium under a blue California sun. Lost in the computer maze all day as I write and post, clear out my e-mails. Sweaty and even the breeze from the open window can't cool me down.
Wednesday, Aug 22
Lightning storms at dawn and the rumble of thunder. More work and then a ride in the afternoon to Swamis and my legs are tight rubber bands that take 30 minutes to unwind. The price of Iowa sloth.
Thursday, Aug 23
A fun day on the golf course. See all the photos here. Afterward, it's a late night with my coworkers out on the deck of the St Regis as we discuss life and how to live it with only middling success. Here are a few photos for flavor. Remember it's a themed golf tournament. Oh, you crazy kidders.
Todd, Doog, Jay, and Mike. A heaping dose of mad science indeed.
Cullen, with "hair".

0 comments:
Post a Comment