Sunday, August 12, 2007

Garnet Peak Hike



One of my favorite hikes in the Mount Laguna area is Garnet Peak. From the 5,880-foot summit it's nearly a sheer drop down 3,000 feet to the desert floor below. An awesome hike at dawn and in the winter, it was a tad on the warm side today -- about 85 degrees -- but fun.

P.S. Just had a weird but pleasant experience when I was googling "Garnet Peak Hike" looking for a map link and got this as one of the top hits.


Garnet Peak is the nearly sheer rocky face to the left.


Sitting at the brink. The view from here is nearly straight down.


I was bombarded by this butterfly the whole time I was on the summit.


The view to the desert floor.

0 comments:

Sitemeter

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP