Sunday, October 28, 2007

Go Break Yourself

It's smokey and reeks of campfire this morning, but once the onshore winds pick up it clears out nicely. No rush really. We're all pretty worthless this morning. I just may have over served myself last night. Err, perhaps.

(So much so that a 10:00 p.m. In-N-Out run seemed perfectly reasonable last night. We had a designated driver, but he was in full Roman armor -- all the way down to his hobnailed sandals.)

I digress.

So this morning I don't get into gear until after 10:00 a.m. We hit the usual breakfast spot. Afterward I can feel a huge nap coming on. Danger! My sloth-o-meter is already in the red, since I've been trapped inside all week by the smoke.

I hop on the bike and head south instead. I'm not sure how far I would (could) go. I surprise myself by grinding down to the Torrey Pines Glider Port, but I bonk completely on the return, on mile 46. My legs cramp and I feel clammy, listless. I make it home, barely. Now walking up the stairs is something that demands consideration. Left, right. Left, right. Rest. Repeat. Yeah, I pretty much broke myself.

Miles: 49; average speed 17 (!); total time: 2 hrs, 50 minutes; cals burned (according to bicycling.com): 2,640. Not a bad start to the week.

0 comments:

Sitemeter

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP