It was another half-day Friday today, so I went to the gym after work.
Still slightly sore from my workout on Wednesday, but wanted to stay in the routine and there’s no way I’m going to miss the individual time trials of the Tour de France tomorrow morning. So today was the best option.
I’m liking my gym – especially in those off hours I’ve been going when it’s not so crazy busy. Did 30 minutes on the bike, and the sweat just poured. That felt great. But it’s now the other stuff that I’m looking forward to, and that’s a huge change.
Still feel like a dork – an uncoordinated dork at that – on a few of the exercises, but I think I’m getting it. I can see now this will produce results and that’s exciting.
But like anything, I need to keep my motivation up.
Dinner tonight helped. We went to Jay’s Gourmet in downtown Carlsbad village. We lucked into a great table outside and were able to watch people walking by and also waiting for a table.
Maybe it’s because we just got back from Europe (where you don’t see a lot of chub), or because I'm trying to be healthier, but I noticed a lot of way overweight people on the streets this evening. And not just a tad heavy, but massively huge. It was depressing. Made ordering the salad an easy choice.
It’s just the way the the whole country is going I guess, but it’s still alarming. It's like Rome at the tail end of their empire, but now it’s the whole world that’s burning and, my friends, Nero is us.
But why worry when the SUV is full of gas and the drive through is open late? If I’m not full I must be hungry, so yeah, super size me.
I’ll get off my preachy soap box now.
Sorry.
Friday, July 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment