Saturday, May 26, 2007

Recovery Ride and Infrared Photography

With 56 miles tallied this week, I didn't have high expectations when I pedaled away from home this morning. My legs ached and it took longer than usual to warm up.

By the time I reached the turnaround at Swami's, I was feeling better. But there's just no way I can keep up with the cycling club groups as they blast by me. I'm getting tired of being such a snail. The riders along PCH are just so fast, and I'd like to keep up.

A big part of that is my fitness level, which is slowly improving. But getting on a real road bike with a more rigid frame, better geometry, and better wheels would be really nice.

Anyway, I've now logged 78 miles. Another ride down to Swami's tomorrow and I will have reached my weekly goal.

Later in the morning I drove to OPT and bought a Hoya R72 Infrared filter for my camera. Infrared landscape photos look really cool and I'm eager to experiment. Unfortunately, May Gray has us on lockdown, so the sky lacks contrast. Plus, the proper exposure and f-stop is a total guess at this point. I'll keep trying though. Here is my weak-ass first effort, which was a five-second exposure at f/5:

0 comments:

Sitemeter

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP