Thursday, July 12, 2007

Guppies and Flying Fish



It's been a busy summer for the girls, so much so that when they get home in the afternoon I have no problem with them vegging out until dinner. Cooking Camp, Tennis Camp, Surf Camp, Guitar Camp, Fashion Camp -- and the summer session isn't over yet by a long shot.

Today, after their 8:30 to 2:30 camps, they had swim class at the Magdelena Ecke YMCA -- a huge and impressive place. Christy had a hair appointment, so I picked them up, which was nice because I was able to catch the last few minutes of their lesson. They're doing really well -- especially Syd. Today the instructor asked the other students to get out of the water so they could watch her do the butterfly stroke. (I know, I'm bragging now.) They've both become quite the swimmers.

Tomorrow afternoon we are off to Lone Pine. Six hours and 280 miles in the car through the high desert, up the Owens River Valley, to the knees of Mt Whitney. It will be good to see Christy's grandfather Bob and have a good visit. It will also be nice to climb up to 10,000 feet to Horseshoe Meadow on Saturday. A complete report when I return on Sunday afternoon.


0 comments:

Sitemeter

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP