Papa Barry
It was a debate I had with myself on the drive up, to ask or not. It's only been a year for gosh sakes. But in truth, I got so excited seeing Barry and Liv again that asking them about their plans for kids slipped my mind.
They are here from Sweden for about a week, and we had dinner tonight at Bryan and Crystal's house in Long Beach. It was an incredible spread and the evening was nice as we sat outside in the backyard around a long table on the grass, the kids playing contentedly inside.
It's easy not to miss someone until you see them, then you realize how it would be pretty cool if they lived closer. Barry is like that, and he's always been easy to talk to. So we talked about everything -- except, ironically, kids -- until he made the announcement at dinner that Liv was two months pregnant. That changed the tone of the conversation right quick, let me tell you.
I'm thrilled for them and excited to see what the next few years will bring. Big change, that's for sure. But I'm equally sure that their kid will be darn lucky to have parents like that.

Old Cat

Barry and Liv


The kids got on like old friends.

0 comments:
Post a Comment