Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year



My bottom lip is swollen like a hot dog and full of stitches. As the sun begins to set, I'm skeptical of the night ahead. Going to sleep sounds better than going out this New Year's Eve.

But I rally and things begin to pick up steam. We head over to Sushi On The Rock with Mike and Heather, stop by Hensley's for darts, and are back at Mike and Heather's with plenty of time before the West Coast ball drops. We don't get home until 2:30 a.m.

Now I have that weird disassociation that too little sleep brings and trying to sum up the past year sounds like a lot of work. It was a strange year, no doubt about it. Leaving TransWorld after 11 years and joining Surf Expo defined the year, and with the luxury of hindsight I'm content with what all happened.

2007 tested me. There were days when I was at the end of my tether, scared and beaten. There were awesome days when everything clicked. I learned perseverance. I discovered who my friends really are. I think I understand myself better.

It was a crazy, eventful, tumultuous year -- but it still was a good one.

The 2007 Highlight Reel
Maui, Munich, Salzburg, My Hobby, Spring Break, Meeting Shamu, Back To Atlanta, Cabo, Lake Outing, Hood River, Horseshoe Meadow, Garnet Peak, Iowa (imagine!), Starstruck, Great Summer Swell, A Labor Day Paddle, Joey's Wedding, Lonely Guy J-Tree Trip, Firestorm 2007, Big Sur.




Sydney, still going strong at 2:00 a.m.

0 comments:

Sitemeter

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP